Belimo Energy Valve™ Is Solving Low Delta T Leveraging IoT
DANBURY, CT – April 11, 2017 – Belimo Americas is excited to announce the release of the new Energy Valve that is now an IoT device utilizing advanced cloud-based analytics to leverage captured system data to the full potential providing savings and the most efficient operation. The Energy Valve is a pressure independent valve, which measures and manages coil energy by using an embedded electronic flow meter, along with supply and return water temperature sensors. It is ideal for water-side control of heating and cooling coils with programmable maximum flow settings from 1.65 – 713 GPM in valve body size ½” to 6”. Some of the key features include:
- Patented Power Control and Delta T Manager logic built-in, monitor coil performance and optimize the available energy of the coil by maintaining the Delta T.
- Glycol monitoring an exclusive feature ensures glycol content meets design needs to provide
optimum efficiency and safe operation.
- Cloud analytics provide recommended Delta T and flow setpoints which can be updated remotely
- Dynamic coil performance illustrates the operation of the coil in real time accurately providing transparency of power degradation and other operational issues.
- Most expansive communication platform on the market includes Cloud, BACnet MSTP and BACnet IP, Modbus, RTU and TCP/IP, Belimo MP-Bus, and one analog feedback signal for valve flow, power, temperature or position.
# # #
Belimo is the global market leader in the development, production, and marketing of field device solutions for controlling heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Actuators, control valves, and sensors make up the company’s core business. Known for its direct-coupled actuator and innovations in pressure independent control valve technology, Belimo has solutions to maintain an efficient building environment. For 40 years, Belimo has provided innovations in Comfort, Energy Efficiency and Safety Solutions to customers throughout the world, all of which are backed by Belimo’s unsurpassed 5-year warranty. For more information, contact Belimo at 1-800-543-9038 or visit the website at www.belimo.us.